Children’s Neuropsychological Services’
COVID-19/Virus Protection Procedures
CNS is taking precautions to protect our patients and their families, and to help prevent the spread of
COVID-19. We will be seeing patients in person for neuropsychological and educational evaluations with
the following precautions:
- All interviews and feedback sessions will by phone or other telecommunication.
- Only one person should accompany the child to the evaluation, and that person should not be in a high risk category.
- If your, your child, or any other immediate family member has been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past two weeks, please do not come to the appointment. Call our office and we will happily reschedule the appointment.
- If you, your child, or any other immediate family member has travelled out of state within the two weeks prior to your child’s appointment, please do not come to the appointment. Call our office and we will happily reschedule the appointment.
- If you, your child, or any other immediate family member is experiencing symptoms such as coughing, fever, or generally feeling ill, please do not come to the appointment. Please take your own and your child’s temperature before leaving home. If either temperature is over 99, please do not come to the appointment. We will gladly reschedule. Our doctors and staff will do the same.
- The doctor evaluating you child will wear a mask. You and your child should also wear masks. Please bring your own masks if you have them, but masks will be available if needed. If you think your child will have difficulty tolerating a mask for 2 to 2 1⁄2 hour, please call our office to discuss.
- Our office will be cleaned and sanitized daily, and test materials will be cleaned after each use.
- The office will be well ventilated with fans and, when possible, open windows and doors.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving our office. Hand sanitizer is available at the reception window.
- Children’s toys and magazines have been removed from the office for sanitary reasons. Your child may bring a toy or game with them to use while waiting for their appointment. Adults are encouraged to bring a book or something else to occupy themselves while they wait.
Copyright ©2020 Children's Neuropsychological Services, PLLC